View Single Post
Old January 8, 2007, 09:17 AM   #8
Buckythebrewer

Manuals are the best purchase you can make to keep your hands attached to your arms..They explain powder burn rates and what IS safe, and what IS NOT..like mentioned,Always use start loads unless your sure your increased charges are still safe..NEVER load beyond max loads.There is just no reason(or safety) in trying to fit a Chevy big block inside a compact car and then go and try to win a race with it in tight turns..Its not going to make anything better ,and you will probably just get killed trying..The only reasons to handload IMO,are for making Hunting rounds for your own needs,Better Accuracy(almost always),and Economy(most of the time)..Oh ,,almost forgot for FUN!!!

I also recommend doing things in a way to better get you in a routine of safety..I personaly do every operation seperate because I have a single stage press and hand priming tool.
I lube the brass(spray lube),size the brass(be carefull to check that you don't size the brass to much if it has a shoulder),Trim+debur the brass,clean the primer pockets,etc,etc.I do it all 50 at a time with most steps seperate.
A case gauge is smart.Very cheap and easy way to check your brass for safety and safe headspacing as far as your cartridge goes..just some thoughts..

Page generated in 0.02063 seconds with 8 queries