View Single Post
Old September 10, 2013, 11:54 AM   #26
Sure Shot Mc Gee

I'm relatively sure my choice of powder for that LRH barrel is one of its major set backs contributing to its reloading problem. Both homemade and Gorex black are indeed fouling powders big time. I've got some Cleanshot power here along with T/7 loose and Pyrodex 2 & 3-FFF. I suppose I'll have to give them all a try again and see which one burns the cleanest._ {I know first hand all those Quick Twist barrels are better suited for Substitute Powders. No doubt about that.}_ That's the idea behind shooting Sabot verses P/Ball. {cleaner the bore. The easier it is to reload a sabot or any other Maxi or Mini choice of projectile. Plus the ability of heavier charges pushing its projectile much further distance's with accuracy} I don't know if I could/would recommend buying a new Quick Twist barrel for a side hammer rifle though. Those specialty barrels are expensive. I honestly would suggest to anyone interested in a Q/Twist barrel alone. Perhaps its wiser to invest that Barrel money into a {new/good used} complete inline rifle instead. {Easier to peddle a complete rifle. Than just a used Barrel alone.} But those who may want to try a Specialty Barrel and see for themselves. Go for it. I guarantee it will be an interesting experience for that side hammer rifle of yours. No doubt you'll have fun with one._

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries