Thread: Tragic....
View Single Post
Old September 26, 2005, 11:50 PM   #11
blackmind

I think that the prime mover of things-going-wrong here was the fact that the cops put undercover operatives in the field to ferret out underage drinking!

Okay, it may not be the best thing in the world to have underage drinkers imbibing, but is it really worth undercover police operations?! When the cost is something like this?! I don't think so.

Besides, we're talking once again about probably 18, 19-year-old ADULTS (by law) drinking alcohol. I say that we either raise the age of "adulthood" to 21, or let 18-year-olds drink. It's the old, "We let them elect the president, we let them get married, join the military, die for their country, drive tanks and fighter jets, but we won't let them drink?!" debate. It's truly screwed up.

Oh, and while I was in New York recently, in Suffolk county, I saw a sign on a gas station door that said that Suffolk county law prohibits sale of tobacco products to anyone under 25 years of age. WTH?!!? A 22-year-old ADULT with a mortgage, a car, a wife, and a kid is not allowed by law to purchase tobacco products?! What kind of MADNESS is this?!

I'm not a smoker, but this nanny-state crap is FAR out of hand!!

-blackmind

Page generated in 0.03997 seconds with 8 queries