View Single Post
Old June 29, 2012, 04:12 AM   #10
Mike / Tx

Glad to see your getting the hang of it and having fun doing so. I do have to warn you though, the next few months will be critical, and might lead to slush fund depletion. Once you get going good with one mold, the tendency is to look at others, and the next thing you know they are multiplying at a rate faster than bunnies do. When I started out early last year, I purchased 4 Lee six bangers, one for each caliber revolver I have. In just over a year I have accumulated a couple more than a dozen, and have had a ball with them all.

And your right with the 6 bangers are fun, but they do present a few added issues the two holers miss out on. When you get one, be sure to get it up to temp before pouring the whole thing full and trying to crank off all six sprues at once. They can have a habit of breaking the handle off if the sprue gets a bit too hard before cutting. So far I have somehow managed to do two of them in a row in one sitting, and still thinking back on it don't know why I did it. LOL

I can also tell you ahead of time, the six bangers will will quite effectively empty your pot in short order as well, especially if your pouring anything over 250grs. However, it will certainly fill your catch pan up in a hurry as well.

Have fun,

Page generated in 0.02156 seconds with 8 queries