View Single Post
Old September 3, 2021, 10:04 AM   #12
ballardw

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinert View Post
Walmart usually has those cheap foam knee pads generally by the tool section. They used to be around 5 bucks a pair, no doubt they’re more now. You can use one for an elbow pad, and use the other one for an “in a pinch” recoil pad. Handy and cheap. Probably like the ones ballardw mentioned earlier from H. Freight.
The Walmart, and most sports intended, elbow pads use elastic in the fabric to keep them in position on the arm. The fabric can bunch inside the elbow as the elastic gets weak. The pads are typically more than twice as thick as the knee-pads I linked to which use a Velcro strap, which is adjustable, and may last longer than the elastic in the sports elbow pads.

I use both and the life span on the sport-type elbow pad is about 2 years for me before the elastic wears out. So far I've managed to lose the knee pads before the Velcro has worn out. I don't use either for shooting but for sports activities so the more violent movements may wear the elastic faster than bench shooting would.

Page generated in 0.02556 seconds with 8 queries