View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 09:16 PM   #9
ClydeFrog

"Intensity", passion....

I agree that some gun & tactics cadre have "passion" or intensity but you have to ask yourself; "Is this someone Id hand a fully loaded select fire weapon to?"
Or "should this person be carrying a loaded firearm concealed in public?".
If the honest answer is; no. Then I wouldn't take the class or really take the Youtube.com videos to heart.

Yankee Marshal is a popular video personality. He claims to be a ex-cop(in a small rural PD). I enjoy watching his clips & he makes several coherent points, re; guns & concealed carry. I also disagree with some of his expressed views(convicted felons should get 2A rights restored, everyone is racist to a certain extent, etc).
No gun or tactics trainer should be your only source of material or education. You, as a grown adult or CCW holder can decide what you want or who's class-material you select to learn.

As a gun-owner/security officer I've seen a few students or seminar members get the "be-like-daddy" mindset.
Role-models or mentors can have merit but don't base 100% of your skills on just one gun/tactics program. Be open & see what's out there.

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 8 queries