View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 02:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by randersonabq:
I cannot see the need to have high capacity magazines. My USGI 1911A1, for example, holds seven rounds. If I am a capable marksman why would I need more than that? I have seen ads for a 100 round magazine for the Ruger 10/22- why?
(I know that this is an emotional issue but I would like to hear calm, reasonable responses about this issue.)
Just because you see no need for "high capacity" magazines does not mean that none exists.

You are arguing from an unsupported conclusion (I cannot see the need to have high capacity magazines.), an unsound basis at best and any conclusions based upon it (If I am a capable marksman why would I need more than that?) will be equally faulty.

Your question, "If I am a capable marksman why would I need more than that?" suggests on its face, that you have an incomplete understanding of what can go wrong during a gunfight; the innumerable, darned near infinite variables that can arise, and the fact that although you may be a really great marksman, your abilities will be lessened under the life-threatening stress of such an event in spite of how good you are on a static non-threatening range.

Your statement also suggests that you haven't thought of encounters that will involve more than one assailant or that each one may require multiple shots to incapacitate them. If you truly believe that you can handle all of these contingencies and all of those unanticipated variables with just one magazine filled with 7 rounds of .45 ammo, you are either extremely gifted or fooling no one but yourself- you'll need to decide for yourself, which that is.

Page generated in 0.02517 seconds with 8 queries