Thread: Hog attracting?
View Single Post
Old March 2, 2012, 04:02 PM   #2
rickyrick

Soured corn works well TFL member hogdogs lives on Florida and has lots of good advice. Basically yeast water and corn. You can put sugar too. Let it sit in the sun for a week or two.

I have had good luck with molasses, you can find jugs of it on clearance after deer season. Spoiled milk works good too.

There is a myth found not to be true; the myth is that if you kill pigs in a trap, you have to move it. We have a policy not to let pigs leave alive, so I always kill them in the trap. Under the assumption that you have to move the trap once a pig dies in it, I would begin the arduous task of moving the trap every time. After moving the trap it would be at least two weeks or more before any pigs were trapped again. Being the superior species, I deduced that I was getting stinky human juice on the trap. And then I figgured that pig smell, urine, blood and poop was better than stinky human smell. Plus I noticed that pigs would root in the old trap locations. I get better action out of traps now

Page generated in 0.02636 seconds with 8 queries