View Single Post
Old November 4, 2011, 11:22 AM   #21
Dino.

Quote:
My other hobby is...or was, guitar. Ten plus years I watched as the prices for 50's and early 60's era Fenders go thru the roof. Suddenly '54, '57 '63 Strats that were bought a few years prior was going for 10's of thousands, some in the 50K neighborhood. But they're a legendary guitars and they're aren't made that still exist. Good chance of a good return there.
Then prices began to rise on later era Fenders, to the point where 70's era stuff began to go from can't give 'em away to over well over $1-2K really quickly. People were buying them up with many thinking "it's an investment". The problem is there are ten of thousands of them and that era's quallity has an awful, awful rep. I don't see where there'd be the market they envision for these things 20 years down the road. It's just an old mass produced guitar.
Hey bumnote,
Sory to go off topic here but my other hobby is also guitar and I have a couple that I think might be investment worthy.

One is a minty, all original 1986 PRS Custom 24. It's a first year production PRS with a serial# 5XX. This was hand built in the old Annapolis factory prior to all the CNC stuff. My dad bought it new in 1986 for $1600. He passed away in 2007 and left the guitar to me. I'll never sell it as it's too sentimental, but I'm still curious what it may be worth.

The other is a 1993 Ernie Ball "EVH". Also minty, also all original.
This was EVH's very first production guitar an only 6,000 were ever produced from 1992-1995. I bought it second-hand and paid $1700 for it about ten years ago. Just curious what it might be worth and if would consider something like this an "investment" guitar.

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 8 queries