View Single Post
Old April 27, 2011, 11:10 AM   #19
William T. Watts

Each of the reloading sources have their own little niche, one will offer something the other does not. For instance Nosler will include loading density, I have found that if I use a powder with a burning rate that will fill the case between 80-90% will produce best grouping with highest velocity. Sierra provides the receipe that produced the smallest groups, using their bullet and the powder they recommend I usually find the most accurate load with a minimal amount of components used. Like most of the posters to this thread I have a dozen or more loading books, I also have load books that Midway carries that is caliber specific that combine most of the other sources in a single booklet. I use Online data provided by Hodgdon for quick comparison when working up a load for a new rifle/caliber. Another factor to consider is every new lot of powder manufactured may have a slightly different burn rate, purchase all the same lot number when possible. I use most of the reloading manuals I have, I would suggest if your wanting to save money this isn’t one of the areas I would trim. I usually suggest that a newbie to loading ammunition should purchase at least two or more manuals and read from cover to cover before unpacking your press. My .02 Willliam

Page generated in 0.02795 seconds with 8 queries