View Single Post
Old February 22, 2008, 11:46 PM   #92
DonR101395

Quote:
Okay. Let's say many "home invasions" involve more than one person. Still, what are the odds you're going to die in your lifetime because of the added step of racking a slide during a home invasion? One in 22 million, or what? Than how 'bout more light bulbs, couple canines and some deadbolts?

Call it statistics, call it history, but the odds are you will probably live longer if you habitually handle weapons unchambered than if you don't.
I've never been in a car accident either, but I still buckle up and pay for insurance. I've never had high blood pressure, but I still watch my sodium intake. I guess I just came from a KISS kind of upbringing. No need to put extra steps where they don't need to be. If you don't feel comfortable with a round chambered, by all means don't chamber it, but it is complicating something that shouldn't be complicated. Getting the gun into action when it needs to be.
Using your logic, if you don't handle a gun you'll live longer also. It simply can't be proven.
Statistically speaking most people will never need a gun for anything other than going to the range, but I'd rather not leave my fate to playing the odds.

Take Care,
Don

Page generated in 0.03004 seconds with 8 queries