View Single Post
Old December 20, 2007, 05:23 PM   #3
TTTTglock

I was just talking about this in another thread, but NC is my permanent residency and I'm decently familiar with their laws.

For handgun purchase, a permit is required. You go to the local sheriffs office, fill out an application (which varies by county) and wait between 1-4 weeks for them to process it. Then you'll go back and pick them up. I believe that they start you with 3. After that you can pick them up at like 5 dollars a pop as needed without reapplying for a certain number of years. The reason I noted that it varies by county is just because as the application is bigger, it takes longer for them to process it, and you must get it from your county of residency. For instance, the New Hanover Co. app. is like 5 pages long and requires three full references not related to you etc. The county I get mine from was about half a sheet a paper that pretty much just asked why I want it, circle one. Additionally, the waiting period is considered waiting for your first permits, as too how many per month limit, I don't know the answer.

For long guns it's a simple background check, the waiting period is waiting for the guy to get off the phone .

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries