View Single Post
Old September 19, 2005, 10:59 PM   #32
Malamute

I have a Surefire E2E Executive Elite, a 6P, and a G2. Also have a Streamlight Skorpion.

My first advice is AVOID THE OTHER BRANDS OF BATTERIES LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! I've used other brands, including Panasonic, and they run FAR less time than the Surefire batteries. I buy 2 or 3 boxes of batteries at a time, and a spare lamp or two when I order, the shipping price is $5 whether you buy one thing or several, so I get as much as I can at one time.

My favorite light is the E2E, it's smaller and lighter than the others, and has the Pyrex lens that is scratch proof. It also has the lockout tail cap that prevents accidental discharge. I have the 25 lumen lamp from the E2O Outdoorsman. This gives double the run time as the regular 50 lumen lamp.

I've replaced lamps perhaps 2 or 3 times a year in my E2E, and go through a set of batteries about every 3 to 4 weeks, for reference sake. I use my light quite a bit. Spare lamps are about $17. Sort of pricey, but for the light output and quality of light, that is, no holes, I feel they are worthwhile.

I have the 120 lumen lamp in the 6P in the truck, it is incredibly bright. Also have the regular 60 lumen lamp for a spare for it, and for the G2

The skorpion is a good light, producing a very bright beam, is focusable to a sharp point, and has a spare bulb inside, but it is not the same quality light as the surefire. I've had the rubber coating come loose on mine, and it tastes awful when you need to put the light in your mouth to do something with both hands free. I keep the Skorpion as a bedside light.

I second the recomendation for the surefire spares carrier. They make 2 different models, one is a 6 battery carrier and holds a spare lamp for the G2 and 6P size lights, the next one is a 4 battery carrier, and holds a spare lamp for the E2E size lights (slightly smaller lamp). Both carriers are good items, but get the size that will hold the lamp size for you light, they won't hold a lamp for the other size.

Oh, almost forgot. I carry my light in the leg pocket of my Carhartt pants. Hvane't lost it in about 2 years. Also carry one of the others in a coat pocket in winter.

Page generated in 0.02900 seconds with 8 queries