Thread: Rifle Choice
View Single Post
Old February 21, 2000, 03:44 PM   #3
Gunslinger

As Bill stated it is pretty subjective. I have a few Winchesters and one Marlin and personaly I prefer the Marlin. But I was not aware that they were that much higher than the Winchesters these days. Is that for a new "Cowboy" model? Are they still making the standard (non cowboy) model? I personaly think the new Cowboy models are over rated and over priced. No offense Bill. I'd still love to have one. Especially in the newly released .41 mag.. If forced to I'd even go as far as to look for a used Marlin instead of a new Winchester for the same money. But that is just me. You might consider going to a local shoot and asking to try each before shelling out the bucks. Most cowboy shooters are agreeable to this. You would need to bring your own ammo to do this and many are understandbly shy about allowing someone to use "unknown" reloads in their guns.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Page generated in 0.03189 seconds with 8 queries