View Single Post
Old June 22, 1999, 02:15 AM   #8
boing

"Yah, but I vas only followink orderz!"

I could mortgage the house on useless stuff from CTD, and still not have enough, or a place to keep it!

Actually, I'm relatively satisfied with the Tac-Star deal. The pressure pad is kind of stiff, but I have it mounted onto the forearm a little too high. I'd move it, but I used the last of my Duro 5-minute epoxy to attach it, and can't seem to remember to buy more when I'm at Home Depot: "I know I have an excuse to shop here... if I can only remember..." Alzheimers. It's terrible. And I'm only 29!

Besides having no "constant on" switch, the other problem with it comes during practice sessions. The light and mounting bracket both creep forward from the recoil of each shot. First time out, the light ended up dangling! A quick drill-and-tap, plus some set screws, and it stays put now.

Truth In Advertising Endorsement: They advertise it as "Super Bright!" Naturally, as soon as it came in the mail, I looked into the lens and pressed the switch. Several times. "Wow, honey, it really is Super Bright! Look over here!" Zap. She agrees. It really is Super Bright! (safety note: this infantile activity ceased as soon as the light went on the gun.)

Anyway, despite it's faults, it's much more effective than what I was using before, which was nothing. How's that for a ringing endorsement?

Art: how do like your Maglite set-up? For some reason, I can never get my mojo working just right when it comes to Maglites. I seem to get about 5 minutes of use, and then they fade. This includes a few 3-cell (D size). Gotta get me a large handfull of Photon Micro lights!

-boing

Page generated in 0.02491 seconds with 8 queries