View Single Post
Old January 28, 2020, 05:10 PM   #17
Cosmodragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
well, the LCR is loaded with 98gr. .32 S&W Longs for my daughter. since scouring youtube for testing data I've loaded with the with the surprising MagTech 98gr. SJHP.
I've shot a lot of that stuff from an old 4" target revolver. It's accurate and remarkably gentle to shoot. I've shot my share of critters with it, including fuzzy caterpillars and squirrels. The former might sound funny but they are good challenge targets that can be seen in the sun.

I'll never forget splitting a millipede in half with .32 H&R Long. I got a clean center hit on the dirt road. The middle section was obliterated. The two ends just wriggled next to the tiny impact crater.

That said, it's certainly not the worst choice for self defense. The low velocity keeps it down under .380 or .38 special in the debate. Unlike those "marginal" defensive calibers, nobody is chasing expansion with .32 S&W Long. We expect it to punch a hole and it does that reasonably well. It's also got a few benefits. First, recoil is very low. Second, it is relatively quiet. Third, versus the rimfire that some recoil-averse people carry, it's more reliable and has a lot more mass.

Do you get unburnt powder firing it from the LCR?

Page generated in 0.04496 seconds with 8 queries