View Single Post
Old December 31, 2019, 02:43 AM   #3
TruthTellers

I asked about .380 vs .327 a long time ago (a bit after the LCR came out in .327) and it was a tough choice then, but I think with time the LCR in .32 Mag or Federal Mag is the way to go. Revolvers are just capable of being shot more accurately than the tiny semi pistols.

The big one for me though is effect. .380 defense ammo, even the premium stuff, is still trash in 2019. The only effective .380 ammo is non-expanding ammo and that means weak FMJ, expensive solid copper stuff, or Inceptor, which while it's my preferred .380 ammo, it's still a mystery.

The .32 Mag/.327 is not a mystery: they use hollow points that have the same weight as a .380, sometimes more weight, they are faster bullets, and they are a smaller diameter, which increases sectional density and that means they will penetrate to depths needed to stop a threat and not over expand or fail to expand.

Everything on paper says the .32 LCR, but once we factor reloading in... that's where it gets fuzzy. Is it better to have a pistol that you can reload quickly with weaker projectiles or a revolver that you will reload slower, but have more effective results?

If most defensive situations end in less than 3 shots, it doesn't matter, the LCR is better. If it's a situation like a mass shooting, your already at a disadvantage and it doesn't matter what gun you have.

Page generated in 0.03744 seconds with 8 queries