View Single Post
Old January 29, 2019, 12:46 PM   #4
5whiskey

For what they charge I'll make anything you want, to include custom cant of your picking (tell me 12.5 degrees lol). Seriously though, I have respect for custom holster makers as I make them myself on occasion. It is unfortunate that you have had the problems you've had. I wouldn't dream of taking longer than 30 days to deliver a custom holster after being paid, I would halt orders on the website and create a wait list. Several custom shops I know of have a similar model, and I've met a custom knife maker who has a similar scheme for his business. He used to use the wait list temporarily just when he got swamped so he could catch up. Now it's more of a permanent thing for him, as I think he's had a wait list for at least 2 years straight.

OP I'm sorry about your experience. I hate it when things don't work out, especially since I know that most businesses are trying to do the right thing. They often just overextend over time and can't make it work, but then it's time to pay the piper and issue refunds or contract out your orders to another custom shop whom you trust to do it right. It is not right to ghost customers who have paid and are awaiting product.

Edit: I just decided to read up on Alessi at BBB myself. The businesses' response to a complaint about not shipping a holster for over 9 months was a long rant about the warm winter making ugly leather. I saw this from Alessi in the response...

Quote:
I could have delivered a poor quality holster "on time" but chose to deliver a great quality holster, one that people expect to get from us, late......

I'm sorry Mr. (customer) did not talk to me directly and I also apologize for whomever he did talk to for not getting an explanation......

From my records, I did try to return one phone call. There was no answer and due to the nature of our business, I do not leave messages for any of our customers. Maybe I could be better at trying to call folks back, but I guess that's my fault.
...Leather can be sourced from lots of different places. Acceptable leather could have been found in the span of less than 9 months. And if you chose not too, the solution is not to ignore your customers.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/n-tonawand...stomer-reviews

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Last edited by 5whiskey; January 29, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.03249 seconds with 8 queries