View Single Post
Old March 11, 2009, 04:27 PM   #65
mtrain

Some things to think about.....wildinalaska wrote
"I would like to see some evidence of law abiding citizens being subjected to Home Invasion by folks masquerading as cops."
If someone starts trying to knock your door down, are you REALLY going to take the time to go to the window and see who it is?
I think the no-knock thing should be banned...period!! Too much chance of everyone getting hurt especially innocent people. If I was a LEO I would refuse to do it, and yep, I would probably be fired, but I wont compromize my beliefs for anyone.
I have worked with many retired LEO's and still employed LEO's and though there is good out there I have found many to be suffering from huge ego's. Many of them itching to have the rep of shooting someone, which is very dangerous. Not bashing at all, just what I have observed first hand.....Also, I think ANY citizen has more chance than any cop of getting shot period. Any criminal knows what happens to someone who shoots a cop. Is being a cop a dangerous job, sure, but so is driving a big truck, any quick shop clerk working third,....etc.
I think as someone else said to reinforce your entrances as much as you can so that it might buy you time to make the 911 call to verify the situation if someone tries to gain entrance to your home. I do know that bad guys are dressing up to recon your home and then return for criminal activity.
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/...n_burglary.htm

Last edited by mtrain; March 11, 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: add

Page generated in 0.02352 seconds with 8 queries