View Single Post
Old February 4, 1999, 01:47 PM   #1
Fargo

I am seriously considering getting started in high power DCM rifle competition through my schools rifle and pistol team. I have 2 BM's that I could use to compete. One is a pre-ban Dissipator and I also have an assembled post-ban lower. Since I am in school (paying for school, not guns) and will be building this gun with donations from aunts, uncles, grandparent's etc... I don't want to spend lots of money because I don't plan on getting much. Should I build up my post-ban gun or my pre-ban lower? Which would be the most cost-effective way to go? Would it be possible to build an accurate AR without breaking the bank? What parts do I REALLY NEED and what do I want to stay away from. Have you seen people competitively compete with a totally stock A2 with no free float handguard and all of the other bells and whistles? Could I compete with a totally stock rifle? Should I use the post-ban because it will be more accurate (no flash suppressor to destabilize the bullet) and save the wear and tear on my prized pre-ban?

P.S. What are some low cost tricks and tips to make a standard AR more accurate? Have any of you guys used one of those lead weights that you put in the buttstock? Thanks guys for your input.

Page generated in 0.02651 seconds with 8 queries