Thread: Marlin Levers
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2018, 05:22 AM   #26
fourbore

Quote:
In a manufacturing context, even simple little things like these levers (not just on the .357s) takes somebody to see the problem, determine a solution to the problem, persuade upper management that it IS a problem, get approval to run with the solution, get upper management to fund the solution, buy the equipment to address the problem, pull an engineer away from something else he's working on to develop a modified process with the new equipment, get the new equipment installed & functional, and get the appropriate people trained on the new equipment & process.
Big problem here. This is the difference between company owned or operated by shooters & gun people such as the Bill Ruger days and what to call it ? A Remington type company. Any successful business has to be both smart and nimble.

Quote:
I don't know how the old plant did it, that's irrelevant, since it WAS the old plant
This is kind of a problem too. Some things are done a certain way after 100 years of trail and error little detail learned. And those details are never going to be relearned based on the first quote. I am not talking rounded edges, I mean a new gun should feed ammo.

This quality problem is way beyond a Marlin problem, what are the reasons for poor quality 870 shotguns? The fix does not have to be slow. It need not and should not take years. "Smart and nimble" ? Years is an eternity these days.

As far as shotguns and bolt action rifles Remington is dead in my book. Now the Marlin line, we will see if I ever try one again. Today, my personal stand is that I purchase absolutely nothing from Remington not even ammo, gun wipes, remoil, nothing.

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 8 queries