View Single Post
Old July 9, 2010, 02:46 PM   #2
cymbalslasher

Taurus PT140 Mag Extension

I may be one of the rare individuals who knows something about this and am happy to share my experiences. I was at one of those big NRA conventions here in Houston a few years ago and was asking about that at the Taurus booth. One guy from Taurus told me that you could use 24/7 magazines that have the higher capacity in the Milleniums. I went out and got a .40 that holds 15. It fits but has a few drawbacks. It doesn't shoot out of the frame when released and doesn't hold the bolt open on the last shot. Then, to top things off I recently screwed up my gun with it. I had one in the chamber and thrust a completely full 24/7 magazine in and broke the magazine release button internally. This probably happened because there is no magazine butt to stop it from traveling up too far in the frame and putting undo pressure on that part. I sent it back to Taurus and got it fixed for free. Needless to say I didn't volunteer the info. as to exactly how I broke it. The good news is that these magazines give you a nice extra inch of grip at least, higher capacity for ammo, and the extra weight when clip is full helps with recoil and accuracy. This should also work with the PT111 and PT145. I have the PT140 Millenium (not pro). From now on I am only loading 14 in the mag and not inserting it with one in the chamber. I also carefully slide it in until it locks. Maybe it's not the ideal situation for battle conditions but at least it can give you a chance to shoot these weapons with an elongated grip and higher capacities.

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries