View Single Post
Old September 23, 2013, 09:59 AM   #40
F. Guffey

Mike Irwin, forgive me for my part in this, you posted a picture of a stock that is identical to 5 stocks I have, a member of this forum that comes for a visit at least once a year saw two of them, we have an arrangement, no matter what, call me, do not post. He is on vacation somewhere ‘up’ in Ohio.

http://imageevent.com/willyp/firearm...hww1enfieldp14

I furnished the link above, one picture is identified as P14BUTTMKG, the identifying stamps include B117, PATT14, EY,, above the stamps is a ‘broken arrow’ stamp, I know James K. knows about the stamp, as sure as I am about James K. knowing about the stamp I am equally convinced tahunua001 knows about the stamp, the one person that was to benefit from the link was the original poster, TAD T. TAD T’s rifle does not have the broken arrow stamp, on the rifle or stock, fore and aft or in the (mid ship) middle.

Painted rifles, the paint was placed on the rifles Huckleberry Finn style, not Earl Schibe style, the paint was applied with a brush and masking tape was not used. The rational as in claiming “I have never seen a rifle painted like that, because I have never seen it painted like that it does not exist”, Me? I have seen pictures of M1917 with red bands painted around M1917s, but because someone has not seen one, it does not exits. That is the reason I did not think my rifles with the red bands and the white stripe was unusual.

Then there was a suggestion about painting the rifle for rack location, All of my painted rifles have rack location numbers, same paint, some with stenciled, others free style.

Then there was the part about having never seen a painted band that was painted 360 degree style, my receivers were painted and the painter did not bother to remove the bolt, meaning, the bolt was also painted. I forgot, the trigger guard and the floor plate was also painted.

F. Guffey

Last edited by F. Guffey; September 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: add mid ship and a few ds

Page generated in 0.03058 seconds with 8 queries