View Single Post
Old December 23, 2019, 12:32 PM   #7
Lohman446

How prepared are you to retreat into the woods sans boots and perhaps clothing? You know the concept of "get off the X" The size of the X changes from time to time. Regardless of how well prepared I might be given a large enough force and enough time any static location becomes breachable.

So if your forced to retreat from your home? I happen to have incorporated barefoot running into my routine here and there. Is it comfortable? Nope. Do I prefer running with shoes? Lots. But I can move without them.

From my home its two miles through the creek and some ravines to get to help in relatives or a half mile (though harder terrain with better sight lines for my pursuers) to get to a trusted neighbors. Even my kids can do this in the dark.

I hope, in my retreat, to realistically have my flashlight (though it would be best to not use), a pistol and two spare magazines, and my ax because its on the way out. IF I can get to it a rifle but honestly because of how I would be forced to retreat it would likely not be in the direction of retreat from the house.

In wilderness I am not familiar with? Retreat becomes far more problematic. The same is true for urban environments. You give up A LOT of defensive advantages as you become less familiar with the area.

Page generated in 0.03201 seconds with 8 queries