View Single Post
Old February 2, 2018, 09:53 PM   #19
HiBC

And because some people are careless with fire,forest fires occur.They burn down homes and kill people.
Some people tear up meadows with 4 wd vehicles.

Only bird watchers should have access to public land.
Of course,since shooting occurs during hunting season,and some people get shot by hunters,we should ban hnting on public land.

Heck,why stop with public land ! Look at Chicago. Do you want to just ban everything?

Public land is owned by everyone,shooters too. And multiple use includes shooting,too.

buck 460,the inadequate backstop with the portage behind it was recommended by who??? The FS. Government management.
Suppose you picked your own dry wash,where you knew where every bullet would stop? Self responsibility.
The UP of Michigan is nothing like the Front Range of Northern Colorado. I will not attempt to apply Northern Colorado solutions to Michigan problems.Could we make that reciprocal?

A problem is the "official" ranges are seldom more than 100 yds.

Another is I prefer to be off by myself.If I can find a bare dirt wash that stops all my bullets and I want to set up at 600 yds,to shoot paper,I'm not hurting anything.
If I can see a whole mountainside and I want to shoot rocks with my .44 handgun,I'm not hurting anything.

Maybe what they ought to do is dedicate some large tracts of BLM ,several square miles,to range out to 1000 yds,no access in the beaten zone,two-tracks to set targets,etc. Ban birdwatching and bicycles.

Last edited by HiBC; February 2, 2018 at 10:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03556 seconds with 8 queries