View Single Post
Old May 25, 2021, 09:57 PM   #3
AlongCameJones

I was just asking a question

about why there seems to be more interest in bow hunting over the past 25 years than any other time in American history. I was born in 1965. I'm not that young. Everybody in my family including myself, my brother, my dad and my grandpa has only hunted deer with a modern rifle. Whenever you say "deer hunting", a long blued rifle with a wood stock immediately flashes in my mind's eye. That's all I've ever known. None of the people I've ever known has had any involvement with bow hunting. I don't mean to offend any archers here. My grandfather frowned upon the notion of hunting deer with a bow. There was an article about bow hunting in an early-1970's edition of of grandpa's Outdoor Life. I told my grandfather about seeing this article in this magazine of his he gave me to read. I asked him what he thought about bow hunting. He said, "Go on, get out of here!" So since then, 1978, I've never felt positive about bow hunting since. Grandpa didn't even like the idea of scopes on deer rifles to boot. I've never joined this forum ever before today.
Keep America and this planet beautiful. Don't litter. Take the time to find a garbage can. Don't be lazy. Report litterers in to the police. Use peer pressure against those you know who litter. Litter is ugly. Litter hurts animals. Litter injures people. Please pass it on.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; May 25, 2021 at 10:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries