View Single Post
Old April 24, 2019, 08:54 AM   #46
5whiskey

Quote:
The 9mm and not for ballistic reasons

-in that small if a gun .40/.45 becomes a bit of a shooting liability IMO. 9mm makes more sense. Even with lots of practice you really need to be on your game with larger calibers in such a small light platform. This matters much less as the platform size increases IMO.

- Capacity. I personally think the difference between 13 and 15 rounds is negligible, 15 vs 17 same. 10 and 12 also fairly negligible. Once, however, you start dropping below ten I think each extra shot starts to matter.

-Weight. You are buying an itty bitty carry gun so size and weight must matter. 9mm is lighter.

-Enjoyment. I find that most folks practice more with guns they have fun with. Will you ENJOY shooting .45 out of a small platform such as this?
I agree, and all points made here are valid. I have one more. Small CC handguns are typically more reliable in 9mm than they are in .45. The physics of that longer fatter cartridge chambering properly play hell with small easily concealed weapons. I have no experience with the shield in .45, they may have mastered reliability in the platform. I know Kahr arms PM, CM, and CWs typically run like a sewing machine in 9mm... not quite so in .45.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Page generated in 0.02610 seconds with 8 queries