View Single Post
Old September 29, 2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Radny97

10mm guns could be chambered in 9x23 win?

Now that 10mm is the new hotness, with lots of manufacturers releasing new handguns chambered in that cartridge and building strong enough actions to handle the 10mm, l wonder if any of these manufacturers have thought of also chambering these guns in 9x23 win?

The OAL of the two cartridges is nearly identical, so the slide action would not have to be changed. And although the 9x23 is higher pressure, it’s thinner so a 9x23 barrel would have added bulk to deal with that. Plus the casing itself is rated for the pressure of the 9x23.

Seems to me that with some testing a manufacturer could pretty much just swap out the slide on a 10mm gun to 9x23 and have a subcontractor like MecGar do a run of magazines where you just take a 10mm mag and adjust the magazine lips, put in a 9mm follower, and you’d be set.

I have to say that having 9mm capacity in a gun that can shoot 124 gn. bullets at 1500 fps would be pretty attractive to me.

Seems to me that one of the reasons 10mm is getting so popular is because people like a high powered round in a regular sized semiauto (i.e. not a Coonan or Desert Eagle). Chambering guns in 9x23 in the same platform that runs 10mm seems like a good idea to me. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02827 seconds with 8 queries