View Single Post
Old September 23, 2005, 08:50 PM   #108
OneInchGroup

Bucks and Birds and Lions and tigers and bears....Oh My

Don't feel bad Mathman, I'm one of the ones who caught the first few rounds of abuse for mentioning that they call it "birdshot" because the ammo manufacturers, little backwoods outfits like Federal, Remington, Winchester, etc., designed the load for...... big surprise....BIRDS!!. And they call that other stuff BUCKshot because its for big male deer. Response I got was that I'm sooooooooo stupid that I'd probably not be able to know enough to use .223 Varmint ammo on a Tango because its got a picture of a groundhog on the box. That was about the time I abandoned training, knowledge, experience, etc. and suggested that the best weapon must be a hammer, because that wouldn't penetrate drywall accidentally but you might be able to beat the BG to death with it, unless he had a gun, of course.

Half the folks posting here would absolutely positively do the PC thing and bring an underpowered weapon to a live or die GUNFIGHT!

Wanna have a duel at the length of my upstairs hallway? You guys take the #6, or #8, and I'll stand behind the hall tree and pound away at you with 00 BUCKSHOT.....OK? Range 20 feet, spread on 00 buck about 10-12 inches. Do the math, pals! I'l be a bit bloody, you'll be a bit shredded.

Page generated in 0.02987 seconds with 8 queries