View Single Post
Old November 23, 2017, 01:11 PM   #144
guitarmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Why focus on when everything goes right? 3 rounds, 3 seconds, 3 feet away, and in CandyLand?

We carry a gun in the first place for when things go wrong. When they go wrong, they go very wrong. Especially if we get a visit from our good friend Murphy.

We prepare and set out to prepare for worst case scenario. Trying to cover all bases, as many as we can fathom. So why sell yourself short on the notion that you'll only need 3-4 rounds? By that logic, loading a magazine 5 rounds deep should be optimal right? Why load it up in the first place?

You car is on empty but where you have to go, in theory can be reached with a half tank of gasoline, so do you not fill it up anyways?

I've touch enough on that portion. Now for my second portion. Things to consider.
  • Multiple attackers - Not all scatter. Some get red and want one thing. Same goal. You'll be fighting Cerberus.
  • Missed shots - You're moving. They're moving. Both goals are to not get shot.
  • Shots that fail to incapacitate - Poorly placed shots. In the meat, not hitting any vital arteries or organs. Upper CNS and brain stem. etc
  • Barriers - No one stands still waiting to be shot. They can get or wind up behind cover while running from you or to engage you. Contrary to Hollywood, drywall, car doors, and tables aren't cover, they're concealment and bullets zing right though.
  • Ammo failure - Bad primer and/or failure to expand.
  • Magazine failure - Magazine seizes up because of that pocket lint in that gun you refuse to clean because you want to see how long it'll go without it.

Those are just some right off the top of my head that I can think of on the fly. There are many more that they've covered in classes.

You need to remember the reality of things. They have the drop on you. They chose you while you're standing at the ATM, walking to your car, going into your home from your driveway, or while walking in an outdoor mall. We're simply going about our daily lives and they've been the one to always choose their victims. Don't let them label you a victim. Come prepared as you should.

Nothing about this is black and white. Carry enough gun. 9mm in the double digits or a single stack 9mm with a spare magazine or two. Carry medical as well. A tourniquet or something. Chances are, you may also wind up hurt.

And train, train, train.
Constatine,

I am 100% in agreement with your post. You cannot ever have too many rounds availble when it`s for real. Unless you are a seasoned lawman you do not know how you will react. As we have seen in the videos, even the best shooter will probably miss his target when under that much stress.

Page generated in 0.02269 seconds with 8 queries