View Single Post
Old January 13, 2024, 09:28 PM   #1
deerslayer303

Small Bore Silhouette Rifle

I made the first trip to my gun club today for the Small bore match. I went to observe but I did take my trusty tree rat rifle. A Savage MkII F (accutrigger) with a Simmons Pro Target scope. The range had a huge standing puddle encompassing the 60 and 77 meter berms. So they called it off and just set out some chickens at 40 and some Rams at 100. I took out the savage, loaded some standard velocity Federal and started trying this on for size. It is VERY challenging but quickly drew me in. I did manage to hit some at both distances but quickly realized this rifle may not be the best option for this stuff. This rifle is very light and my biggest complaint is the 10 round mag hanging out the bottom preventing me from the hold I want to try. So, What are some good cost effective rifles or options? I would like to stay in the hunter class. Could a wood stock for the savage increase the weight some. The only other 22 rifle I have is a new ( shot a few mags out of it) bone stock, basic wood stocked 10/22.

Thanks for you time.

Page generated in 0.02386 seconds with 8 queries