View Single Post
Old July 18, 2007, 08:17 PM   #121
warwagon

I received my sample a few days ago(thanks George!), and tried it first on some older folding knives that I have. It immediately smoothed the actions as I fully expected.

Then it was on to a revolver that had been cleaned, and put away for so long that when I lit up the bore, a spider crawled out, and saluted! A clean patch with the Weapon Shield revealed even more residue that the other product had missed. The product realy does the clean, and lube functions as promised.

The interesting part for me was when I picked up my MOD Hornet auto two days later.The knife has metal scales, and I carry it most of the time, but had left it home, replaced by a CQC7 for a day when I knew heavy cutting would be involved. The Hornet felt different to me, smoother, almost silky compared to before Weapon Shield.

I am not a chemist, nor metallurgist, but it seems as if the product has somehow bonded to the metal scales and given it a new finish to the touch. There are no signs that it was ever there to the eye, IE: no residue, or wet smudgy smears, just a smoother feel.

If my perception is correct, and this effect lasts, I can see how this could have a very favorable effect on any moving parts a firearm could have, slide rails,bolts, even bores, as projectile speed might increase.

So far I am impressed with this product(and yes it stays put, and a little goes a long way!), and will test it further this weekend when a friend brings over his .22 rifle which I don't think has been cleaned since the 70s.

Page generated in 0.02571 seconds with 8 queries