View Single Post
Old November 12, 2010, 06:42 AM   #3
Norrick

Quote:
Wow. I was considering a Vortex scope for one of my bolt guns. Your post causes me to seriously reconsider. I hope you can get a refund.
To vortex's credit, I have a Diamondback that I am very pleased with. I had my first one's magnification ring lock up unexplainably, but it was promptly replaced via warranty. It was less than two weeks total turnaround for me. The second model has been working great since and I have no complaints. The glass is good and the price is right.

My buddy has a vortex viper (non-pst model) and after handling it, I feel like it was overpriced, the same way I feel about the monocular I just did a writeup on.

I think their products are hit and miss. They are tiered, and different model lines are manufactured in China, Philippines, and Japan. Nevertheless, my experience so far and all the things I've read about them say their warranty/customer service is one of the best in the biz.

As I have used the product I can't really get a refund, but I am going to see if it is something they would be willing to at least fix if not replace (the manufacturer, that is).

I will update after.

Page generated in 0.03344 seconds with 8 queries