View Single Post
Old March 23, 2013, 08:49 AM   #6
valleyforge.1777

It is an interesting thought about Henry being a company that could consider making these rifles. I don't think they have the technical know-how or the production facilities to do it, however. They use a particular modification of the Marlin action and that's about all they can do. They do have a pump 22, but I don't think they'd be able to scale up to the 38/357 or the 44's.

In terms of finding a rare Timber wolf owner who is willing to part with one of these rifles, they are out there because several have been sold on GunBroker and Guns America within the last few months. The 357's go for between 1,000 and 2,000 a piece, mostly in the 1,400 to 2,000 range. I suspect that high price is the reason people are coming out of the woodwork to sell these things now. As the AR frenzy cools down, and thus the alternative-to-AR frenzy cools down, the marketplace value of the 357 lever rifles and the Timber Wolf rifles will probably drop low enough that the Timber Wolf rifles for sale will become as elusive as a timber wolf. So, get one now if you ever want one, and yes, be prepared to pay. I have seen one particular bidder who obviously wants one of these things and he bids on every auction for them, but cuts himself off at about $1,050 and never seems to win one. You have to be prepared to pay more if you want one.

Page generated in 0.03329 seconds with 8 queries