View Single Post
Old September 25, 2000, 06:26 AM   #13
45King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EWB:
45King,

Thanks that's what I was looking for. It seems to me that someone in the longer range shooting competions would benefit more from the isosceles. Where as a Swat team member or civilian using his sidearm to clear building or his home would probably be better off training more with the Modified Weaver since it's easier to manuever around corners and barricades, while offering less of a target to the suspect. I also agree that you need to train with as many different stances as you can, because you never know what you'll face in a real world situation.
[/quote]

There it is. It's good to know how to shoot your gun accurately from just about any position you can aquire; strong, weak, upside down, on your side, on your back, etc.
How many of you practice shooting weakhand freestyle? It can be useful for clearing corners on your strong side.

I remember going to an IPSC match once where there was a really weird setup requiring one to shoot from beneath a bar that was just a bit too low to squat for, and it was around the left side of a barricade. Lots of people came up and dropped to a low kneeling position, etc. When I shot it, I just ran up to the barricade, put my body against it, and then bent over so I was aiming & shooting the gun upside down under the bar. I got in and out of that box quicker than anyone else did, and had no misses either.

------------------
Shoot straight & make big holes, regards, Richard at The Shottist's Center

Page generated in 0.02454 seconds with 8 queries