View Single Post
Old August 31, 2009, 05:17 PM   #13
LanceOregon

Well, not one single of you guys ( by your own admission ) has ever used a EasyHit. So much for you badmouthing a product that you have never even tried.

It is not your typical fiber optic sight by any means at all. It is a precision product imported from Sweden. It comes in a total of 3 different lengths, and 3 different bead sizes too. So one can get the exact size and brightness that one prefers.

Tom Knapp strongly endorses it, and uses it on all of his Benelli shotguns at this shows. Here in the drab overcast skies of Western Oregon, this sight is an absolute godsend.

I'll never forget my first time hunting with it. I had the sight on my Winchester Super X2 ( the photo of the camo barrel that I posted ). My buddy and I were hiking to the spot where we planned to put out our decoys. We were a bit late, and while we were traveling along the slough, shooting hours started. So we loaded up our guns and put our safeties on just in case we ran into any birds, and then resumed our hike.

Besides being first shooting light, it was heavily overcast and foggy too.

Well, guess what? Not more than 2 minutes after we load our guns, a small flock of ducks comes tearing right up the slough just over the water. They literally materialized just before our eyes, out of the fog, and were headed right at us. They were as surprised to see us as we were to see them.

Well, we both struggled to shoulder our shotguns as quickly as we could. My friend managed to get off two shots with his Browning BPS, and got one bird. But I managed to get off 3 shots, and nailed the first two birds as dead as door nails. They both dropped like rocks out of the sky.

I've loved this sight ever since that day, and now have it on all of my shotguns.

And as far as it being a distraction, hell, it is just the OPPOSITE for me. Because the sight is so visible, one can focus much more easily on one's target, as you can see the sight so much better in your peripheral vision.

Blaming a sight for being too visible and distracting? That just sounds so very lame to me. I want a sight that I can clearly see, even when I am not looking directly at it.

The Cabelas customer rating on this shotgun sight is 4.9 out of a possible 5.0:

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0060548229474a.shtml

Show me another shotgun sight on their website that is rated as high. It is truly awesome.

--

Page generated in 0.03672 seconds with 8 queries