View Single Post
Old August 19, 2008, 03:29 PM   #1
charleym3

rechamber taurus thunderbolt

Hi,
I'm about to receive a Taurus Thunderbolt in 45lc. I have been dreaming for a long time of a short light 45acp rifle, so you can probably see where this is going. I'd like to rechamber the Thunderbolt to 45acp. Yes I know that with that long jump to the rifling accuracy won't be fantastic, but what I want to know is if it is economically feasable. Material will almost certainly need to be added to the bolt face to cradle the casing correctly. The big question is can the extractor be modified to reliably haul out the casing.
And yes I know that it will require flat point or hollow point bullets from then on. The Lasercase 200 grn 45 colt bullets look like the perfect thing. I can hard crimp the casing into the bullet groove to handle the recoil.
The second part of the project is to shorten the barrel and feed tube to 18 inches. Could be a sweet working rifle.

I've heard of someone doing extractor modifications to marlin 45LC cowboy rifles, but so far it seems to only be a rumor. Any help?

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries