View Single Post
Old March 29, 2005, 10:14 PM   #21
boa2

dfariswheel:

First, I wish to apologize to you, if I had seemed to disbelieve you, about this Colt Diamondback not being "Genuine" and therefore, not being produced by Colt to chamber the .357 magnum round! I know that you are a Colt "Expert" and, I also know that you wouldn't have told me this negative information, unless it was absolutely true! My mind, just didn't want to believe that this Diamondback wasn't really some type of special Colt gun! However, based upon all of the true facts that you have given me in this thread, I'm now convinced that it would just be "Futile" to spend for a letter from Colt, regarding this "Frankenstein" monster gun!

Based upon the time frame of this very early production Colt Diamondback in 1967, if Colt's would have built prototypes of these early "D" frames, that would have safely fired .357 magnum's-then, it seems reasonable, that Colt's would have started producing these guns for the gun public, long before the later, "Stainless"(Magnum Carry)ever came to be a reality!

I'm now, going to proceed, with giving all of this sad news, to the seller of this Colt Diamondback, in an effort to convince him that this gun is a "Dangerous" weapon and should not be fired by anyone(Unless, of course, that it turns out that this gun will NOT chamber a .357 round?)! It will be my desire, to help to prevent anyone else from becoming harmed, by purchasing this weapon, thinking that it would safely, fire .357 magnum ammunition!

Page generated in 0.03486 seconds with 8 queries