Thread: Drop the Knife!
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2001, 04:51 PM   #1
ERRainman

So here's the scenario: You are away taking a much needed vacation away at the beach. You're out to dinner at a nice "Japanese" steak house. A person walks in and seats himself at your table close to the chef. You think the guy looks a little suspicious initially, and go on with dinner, keeping an eye on him.

When the chef walks away for a minute, SUS GUY slips one of the chef's knives under his jacket. You're getting really ancy now and slowly slide your hand to your CCW. You just know something is about to go down here, and it ain't gonna be pretty.

The chef walks back in, SUS GUY pulls the knife about the same time you draw down on him - yelling "DROP THE KNIFE!!!"

The chef starts wigging out in a huge way, yelling in Japanese at you while SUS GUY is still standing there holding the knife. Lots of screaming & yelling from you - "DROP THE KNIFE!" - and in Japanese by the chef.

I wanna know how you think you would react. There are lots of possibilities here, and lots to critique so far. I know, it's been discussed for a long while, re-thinking what can go wrong and what should go right. It's not just another scenario, but an opportunity to consider the right and wrong moves. Mental simunitions if you will.

i.e.: would you have told him to drop the knife or just dropped him?

Yes, this did happen. With a pleasant ending and lots of lessons learned by everyone.

I promise I won't leave you hanging.

ERRainman

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries