View Single Post
Old April 8, 2014, 11:28 AM   #57
F. Guffey

OK, someone called SAAMI, and SAAMI said?

I did not call SAAMI, If I had called SAAMI I would not try to impress them with anything, I would have ask them to verify, I would not have given them the opportunity to make an excuse for confusion. SAAMI has a glossary of terms. I do not believe there is anyone on this forum that has done anything impressive bought to change the glossary and definition of terms to suit themselves.

http://www.lewilson.com/casegage.html

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/456...-223-remington

L.E. Wilson, the company/manufacturer list the name of their gage ‘CASE GAGE’, they have not changed the name in at least 50+ years. Between Columbus, Missouri and Cashmere, Washington the name changed to case length-head space gage. The case does not have head space, the case has a length, there are two lengths, one from the datum to the case head and the other from the datum to the end of the case neck.

Same for comparators, comparators are not head space gages, a comparator is used to compare the difference in lengths between cases from the shoulder/datum to the head of the case.

Bart B. I do not blame you, if is easy for me to say, forgive than it for me to blame someone else, I do not have the great big ego. Blame you? The triangle has a *, that means it is at the intersection, the intersection is at the case body/shoulder juncture. Mark Twain must have said something about telling the truth, it is much easier for me to tell the truth than is is for me to remember all of the wrong answers.

And it is easier for me to say forgive than it is to blame someone else and or try to make my self look good at others expense.

If I suspected there were fair and objective members on this forum that could distinguish fact from fiction I would not want this thread locked, you do?

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02569 seconds with 8 queries