View Single Post
Old September 5, 2012, 09:24 AM   #38
ares338

Ruger LCR - What's so great!

I purchased a Ruger 357/38 from my LGS about a month ago. He had a Ruger 13 oz LCR but it felt wrong in my hand. I told him to order the 357 for me and I am very happy I did.

What sold me on this revolver was the trigger pull which was way smoother than any S&W I tried so far (at least the ones w/o a trigger job). The 38 rounds are nothing at all as far as recoil. The +p 38's kick just a little more but are not bad at all. I have tried 2 different 357 loads; the 1st a 125 grain SJHP which was hand slapping fun and a 155 grain SJHP which was more like a small sledge hammer to the hand...lol.

I like the 357 round. Is it as easy as through a 6" barrel? Why no...but I knew that going in. When this LCR goes to the range after I shoot 38's for practice I always shoot 10 rounds of the 357 to stay in touch with it. Folks...what would worry me more than the recoil if I had to shoot in a self defense situation would be the tremendous blast without ear protection this baby produces but then again they are all loud!

You need to know what you are getting into before you purchase. By now you should be able to discern the difference between Internet hype, pure tripe and good hard facts. Research beforehand and don't be surprised!

Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 8 queries