View Single Post
Old April 6, 2009, 06:46 AM   #13
CaptainCrossman

Doc- the show was in the Poconos region of Pa., USA- near the town of Wilkes-Barre, at a place called Split Rock Lodge.

We went back yesterday for one more run through. Cowboy action ammo in 44 special was $2 less per 50/box than Midway USA online, and no shipping to pay.

I picked up an 1887 Winchester lever action shotgun, and aimed it at the ceiling, the vendor walked right over and knocked $250 off the price, without me even saying a word- it went from $1250 to $1000.

In the past, all they would budge was $25 at best. Something happened.

Remember that Colt 1860 Army revolver, that went from $1200 to $1000 yesterday ? I looked at it again, he dropped the price to $850, without me saying a word.

The vendors were actually chewing down their OWN prices. All you had to do was look at a gun, touch it, then stand there and listen, and not say a word. Down goes the price, and they ask you for offers. Talk about being in the driver's seat.

I predict a good shooting antique will be as affordable as a new repro gun, or only slightly more. And they are real USA made Colts from the 1870's. I had a notion to offer $600 for the vintage 1860 Army just for kicks- but left it on the table.

Wait and see how cheap stuff is going to get, the economy is a bit more wounded than we are being led to believe. Personally, I had been getting a bit annoyed with the ginned up old gun prices at past gun shows- the pricing was downright insulting, like a slap in the face. I'm glad they are coming down to sane levels.

Last edited by CaptainCrossman; April 6, 2009 at 06:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.03533 seconds with 8 queries