View Single Post
Old April 4, 2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Tom2

Well maybe the best were made in the last 20 years? Some early ones apparently were made not so historically accurate. Some brands then as now used alot of freedom and hand work to make guns of varying accuracy to reality and quality of fit and finish. I figure you might just be in the right place at the right time. Lot of folks maybe thinking of what they can sell trade off or dispose of for fast cash or to get more modern stuff that is getting expensive or hard to get. Lot of the buyers probably do not want to mess with BP stuff at all. I see that sometimes, a surplus dealer is happy to show off his mil. guns and milsurps. Some guy trades him a musket original or replica, ditto any BP thing. Unless he perceives that something is a valuable antique that he can profit from, I don't suppose alot of BP stuff is even in his blue books so he just tries to sell the BP stuff off for enough money to get rid of it. Guy might not budge on the price of a nice Garand or Springfield might have something like a Hatfield rifle or a Italian replica or etc. and you can twist his arm till the price is a steal compared to new retail on the type nowadays. Then by the next show all that stuff might dry up.

Page generated in 0.03192 seconds with 8 queries