View Single Post
Old January 2, 2014, 01:09 AM   #40
MoGas1341

Quote:
If I were a cop, I wouldn't be very civil or polite with the citizen as a few of the recorded LE were.
In my location, sworn LE officers on regular duty(on duty) do not need to wear safety belts with the vehicle is in motion by state law(motor vehicle code). ClydeFrog
Now to play the devils advocate, Should a NASCAR driver in a ZR-1 Corvette be pulled over for doing 90mph in a 70mph zone? I feel a professional Race Car driver is much more qualified to drive at high speeds than a police officer. But I have heard that "Thats a risk LEOs have to take" (driving fast/no seat belt)...and thats a bunch of Malarky in my book. Seatbelts save lives, yes, but I guarantee if the LEO wasnt wearing their seat belt in a crash, their insurance or the city would still pay out...

That being said, I have also witnessed police officers dramatically breaking the speed limit with out their lights on... So explain how they are not above the law?

Now to the OP's question, I honestly have no problem with LEOs having in their patrol cars an AR-15 variant of some sort and a shotgun. Just as civilians can have these types of firearms, I think a LEO should have the proper tools available for the situation at hand.

Page generated in 0.02594 seconds with 8 queries