View Single Post
Old March 8, 2020, 11:21 AM   #15
kilotanker22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTN View Post
Seems like a common theme is that I may have too much magnification in mind. I have other more standard options. VX-3i 4.5-14. Trijicon 3-9. Burris 4-14. The rifle choices are what they are.. I don’t have a deer rifle that weighs less than 8 lbs. While the 7-08 AI is plenty capable of killing a mule deer at 500 yards, I do wonder if trading 1 pound of weight would be worth the extra knock down power. Theoretically it should not matter—a well placed shot trumps all. BUT, I have plenty of real life experience that says knockdown power is a real thing and can be valuable in certain situations. Thoughts? Trade a pound of weight for true magnum performance?
I agree most of the time about having the extra energy even at the expense of more recoil and more powder burned. Hence the reason I purchased a 6.5 PRC even though I already have a 6.5 creedmoor.

That Leupold you listed would be an excellent option IMO. Good glass, good magnification range and it only weighs like 14 oz. Less than half what the Nightforce you listed weighs.

Personally, If you are set on a .284 bore I would buy a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 280 REM or 7mm remington magnum along with that Leupold scope.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine

Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 8 queries