View Single Post
Old July 4, 2019, 01:11 AM   #20
44 AMP
Staff

We didn't adopt the .276 Pedersen when we had the chance, we had too much .30-06 in the inventory to justify the cost of a new round even if it was "ballistically superior". MacArthur said so!

If they are looking at a new 6.8mm round for rifles, are they going to change all our LMG/GPMGs to the new round as well?? Spendy…

And, how do the Europeans feel about it?? They were a bit put out when we shoved the 7.62 NATO down their throats, but they got really peeved when a few short years later we dropped the 7.62 NATO as our rifle round and went to the 5.56mm.

Are we going to do essentially the same thing, again? Make a new choice and then expect our allies to adopt it and play catch up, essentially on their own dime??

That would be good for international cooperation and harmony with our allies.

My prediction, they will let out test contracts, what ever they get won't be perfect in all aspects desired, so after some (or a lot of) smoke and mirrors, sound and thunder signifying nothing, really, they will decide the matter needs more research and study...

if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but given past performance, I don't think I am.

Page generated in 0.02786 seconds with 8 queries