View Single Post
Old December 12, 2018, 11:31 PM   #21
ms6852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Jackalope View Post
Yeah, heard that. With DAO you can't even attempt to make the pull better by cocking the hammer. Understand that 100%. I'd do the same.

There's a Publix here (similar to Kroger's) that is 100yds straight or more. An isle is 25-30.

No. Active shooter. If he's actively shooting we don't know the quantities yet. If he's stopped before it becomes a mass shooting, it's not a mass shooting. If you engage and incapacitate and active shooter, he's no longer active.

ms6852, good on you for practicing that. I can't imagine I'd be able to hit anything at 50-100 yards in DA unless I stage the ever living heck out of the trigger. Something I won't be doing in an active shooter scenario. O_O
Haven't done it with a DA. I did just recently changed my carry gun to a revolver for no reason other than I wanted it. I did buy the 686 plus with 3" barrel and a model 617 with 4" barrel so that I can practice exclusively DA only at various distances. Using 22lr in this fashion, I believe will enhance my accuracy with the 686. Using SA only on the 686 is very easy and accurate. And if there was ever an active shooter scenario in which I would get caught I would not engage unless there was no other choice.

Page generated in 0.02336 seconds with 8 queries