View Single Post
Old January 14, 2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Coop de Ville

Non "assault" assault rifle for DC?

This may fit better in the rifle forum but since it's rights related I'll start here.

As a good, law abiding LEO and resident of DC I decided to take my Bushy down to headquarters to have it test fired and registered and submit photos, etc. because I do the right thing.

Within the last week the wonderful members of Council decided to pass legislation banning "assault weapons" and the ".50 Cal." I decided to call downtown and find out what the details were (since it's not in writing yet). Turns out that by April it will be in effect. Currently, they have stopped registering "assault" weapons (ex:Ar-15).

I was informed that there are 2 possibilities:
1) Since registration is required every 3 years, they would not allow reregistration at the 3 year point.
or
2) They would "call in" all assault weapons starting in April.

I plan on leaving, My fiancee has been here for 15 years, which is why I moved here. Don't know if we can make the move in that time period.

I'll probably end up transferring it to someone out of state since I don't want to sell it outright.

I'm starting to ponder other options. I really haven't heard any good things about the mini14, but thought maybe if I sold or traded the Bushy I could use the extra money to accurize it. I have a cr@p load of .223, so the caliber is staying. Just looking for a semi auto platform that won't fall into the "assault" category.

I really can not believe the arrogance and disconnect of these idiots here in Washington. I work in probably the most dangerous housing projects in the country. Gun violence every day.. I still think we should have the right to own these weapons.

I can't believe what these people do to my blood pressure. I'll quit bitching now.

I'll take a look at California's laws. DC seems to be copying them almost verbatim. I really hope SCOTUS spanks these expletives like never before.

Best,

-Coop
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner

Page generated in 0.01951 seconds with 8 queries