View Single Post
Old August 22, 2008, 03:30 PM   #188
JesseL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboypenguin
Congrats, you when the award for most baseless load of crap with that last post. The level of disconnect and false association in the post is astounding. Bravo.
If you think making snap judgments about why people do what they do based on small samples of superficial data is okay for open carriers, why shouldn't you do the same for anyone else? Why shouldn't anyone do it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboypenguin
What is the desired result of open carry? What is the benefit of it? Why would we even want to live in a community where people would feel the need or desire to open carry regularly?
I can only speak for myself, but the desired result for me is to be armed in case of emergency.

The benefit is that I'm not at the mercy of anyone who threatens me or my family with violence.

I don't feel the need to open carry regularly, every evening I'm glad that there was yet again no need for my pistol.

Pretty much the same as why any citizen might carry a sidearm concealed.

You might ask, why would I choose not to conceal my pistol? Comfort is the big reason. I don't like having the grip chafing against my side and I don't like tiny guns. Other (much less significant) reasons include ease of draw, deterrence, and the fact that I don't want to lose my right to carry unconcealed.

There is no discernible social stigma associated with open carrying here, so why should I conceal?

Page generated in 0.02604 seconds with 8 queries