View Single Post
Old December 9, 2002, 07:45 PM   #8
Thorazine

I realize the important safety issue of keeping your muzzle pointed in a safe direction. This is perhaps a virtue that i was just born with. I just don't believe sweeping yourself with a unloaded firearm, action open, is enough to send you packing or a trip to the psycologist for therapy sessions.

Quote:
Felt bad, apologized, guy was nice enough, and went on my way...
Accidents happen. If I got a dollar for every time i was hit by ejected brass i'd be bill gate's status. I don't see why you left the range. I swear some ranges were designed for short people, the dividers are not nearly at adaqute height to catch your flying brass. Very little you can do about it.

Quote:
If your habit does not include pointing in a safe direction, then your habit could point a loaded gun at yourself or others.
When i think of a "habit" i think of smoking, drug addiction, etc. When i think of someone who points a muzzle of a gun at others, i think of lack of common sense.

I remember one time when i was at a local gun store, there was a great deal on a hk compact forty. I couldn't pass it up. It was used and i asked permission to field strip and examine the pistol.

The gun was first cleared and chamber inspected by the clerk and after he handed it over to me i repeated the same procedure as i always do. Gun is clear now i proceeded to remove the frame from the slide, placed the frame on the table mat, removed the barrel and recoil spring and placed them on the table mat (clerk was watching me throughout the entire process). I brought the slide up to eye level and was looking at the area where the hammer strikes and the clerk jumped away and shouted at me "don't ever do that again". I asked, "do what again?" he said, "don't ever point a pistol at me."

I stood there, speachless for a few seconds, i'm holding a stripped upper, no barrel..

I called him... i think i said "douchebag".. laughed and left the store.

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 8 queries